Three-piece avalanche transceiver set that’s easy to handle
The Set Powder BT from Pieps is an essential part of your avalanche equipment for skiing and mountaineering. The three-piece avalanche beacon set includes the Pieps Powder BT beacon, the telescopic Pieps T640 avalanche shovel and a Pieps Alu 260 Sport probe. The beacon is equipped with a 3-antenna system and has a maximum range of 60 metres for a fast and stable initial reception. The illuminated display makes it easy to read in all lighting conditions, and the victim selection function facilitates multiple burial searches. The integrated Bluetooth interface lets you manage the device manually via the Pieps app. This also allows the firmware to quickly update to the latest version before each tour.
Reliable and comfortable
The unit comes with three AAA alkaline batteries, but can easily be powered with more powerful AAA lithium batteries to increase the battery life from 200 to a whopping 300 hours in transmit mode. In addition, there is a protective neoprene pouch with a soft shoulder strap included that provides comfort while keeping the weight to a minimum. A practical wrist strap is also included. The Set Powder BT from Pieps is great for emergencies that may happen both on and off the slopes.
The features at a glance:
- Three-piece avalanche transceiver set with a beacon, shovel and probe
- Maximum reception range of 60 metres
- Illuminated display and burial selection facilitate the search
- Battery life of up to 300 hours (in transmit mode with lithium batteries)
- Easy update option via Bluetooth and Pieps app
- Comfortable carrying system with a durable neoprene pouch and soft shoulder strap