Lightweight airbag backpack for long climbs and enjoyable descents
The Avabag LiTRIC Tour 30 from Ortovox offers an ideal balance between comfort during ascents and downhill support. Its lightweight Full Contact Light back system ensures comfort on long tours. There are holders for skis and a splitboard, a rope holder and pick and pole holders. A circumferential zip offers quick access to the main compartment. Extremely light but abrasion-resistant fabrics are used to reduce weight.
Electronic LiTRIC airbag technology: easy to use and quickly rechargeable
The LiTRIC electronic airbag system is easy to operate and deploy even in difficult situations. The multiple release ability ensures maximum safety. Charging the battery via USB-C cable is also simple and can even be done via a power bank. It has a runtime of about 60 hours, so even with the battery switched on and regardless of temperature and weather, you’ll have enough buffer to go on tours lasting several days without having to recharge it. A quick charge can be done in about 25 minutes.
Versatile and combinable LiTRIC modular system
Ski tourers love the versatility in their sport: a quick, intense training session up the local mountain in the morning, freeriding at the weekend and a multi-day ski traverse can all be done with this bag. With the LiTRIC modular system, the avalanche backpack can be adapted for all types of activities. Any bag from the TOUR or FREERIDE line can be zipped to the appropriate base with the same back length.
All features at a glance:
- Back length: regular (42-50 cm)
- Material: 400D polyamide, 200 g/m²
- Volume: 30 litres
- Weight: 2,410 g
- Lightweight Full Contact Light back system for long tours
- Height-adjustable chest strap with an integrated emergency whistle
- Safety leg loop with a special tested aluminium carabiner
- Electric airbag system LiTRIC: extremely light, easy to operate, with multiple release ability
- No more changing cartridges, as was the case with earlier airbag systems. Just charge it with a USB-C cable
- Lithium-ion battery with a long lifespan works regardless of temperature (-30°C to 45°C) and weather conditions
- Operating time of the battery (switched on): approx. 60 hours - so there is no need to recharge it even on multi-day tours
- When switched off, the power of the battery is retained for approximately one month
- Duration of a quick charge of the battery: approx. 25 mins
- LED display of the airbag system can be seen in bright sunlight
- Height-adjustable activation handle with protection against false activation, e.g. by getting stuck
- Separate security compartment with quick access prevents you from losing time in case of an emergency
- Emergency card
- Avalanche Organizer
- Ski/snowboard holder
- Ice axe and pole holder
- Helmet net
- Card slot
- Key clip
- Compatible with CLASP back protector
Info on the LiTRIC modular system:
The bag is zipped onto the LiTRIC Avabag base (Freeride or Tour line) with a nearly invisible zip. This lets you get several avalanche airbags at a reasonable price. You can easily change the bag depending on the length of the tour.
The Avabag LiTRIC Freeride and Tour lines differ mainly in their carrying systems: for descents in rough terrain, the Clasp Back of the Freeride line ensures a good body contact. The lightweight Full Contact Light Back System of the Tour line offers comfort on long tours.
Both back units are available in two different lengths each. No matter which base you choose, all LiTRIC bags of the same back length can be mounted thanks to the modular system.